Manager Finance and Administration
The Electricity Authority is looking for an outstanding Finance & Administration Manager to play a key role in achievement of its vision to be a world class electricity regulator. The Finance and Administration Manager will be instrumental in moving the finance function from a scorekeeper role to one of valued business partner and will guide a team of administrative staff in providing exemplary support to the organisation.
In this role you will
- manage the day to day financial and administrative operations of the Authority to ensure the requirements of all stakeholders are met.
- provide specialist advice and information on the financial environment, strategy and operations of the Authority in the context of the wider public sector finance and reporting requirements.
- ensure efficient administration processes and appropriately targeted administrative support services are provided across the Authority.
- ensure effective, visible management and operation of the office environment and its facilities.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in addition to proven experience managing, developing and motivating staff to reach their potential and achieve organisational objectives.
With a CA qualification and a minimum of 7 years experience, you will be able to operate at a senior management level in a broad based finance and administrative role, preferably with public sector knowledge and experience.
Applications close: 04 December 2013.
Adviser - Retail and Network Markets
- Stimulating environment
- Development opportunities
- Impact on issues of national importance
The Retail and Network Markets team at the Electricity Authority is part of the Market Design group. It is involved in the planning and delivery of projects to enable the retail, distribution and transmission elements of the New Zealand electricity industry to operate in a manner that promotes competition in, reliable supply by, and efficient operation of, the electricity industry for the long term benefit of consumers.
In this role you will undertake regulatory analysis of potential market failure and scope for efficiency improvements in the retail, distribution and transmission sectors. You will draft board and consultation papers and manage consultation processes.
Your relationship management skills will be applied to a range of interactions with stakeholders, and may require management of conflicting viewpoints. You will need to be highly organised and attentive to quality, completing work in a timely and systematic way.
A tertiary qualification in economics, business, engineering or a related discipline is required, as is a proven track record of producing high quality written advice, underpinned by rigorous quantitive and qualitative analysis. Industry knowledge would be desirable but is not essential.
This page is related to: About the Authority.