Legal and Compliance Group
The Legal and Compliance Group leads the Authority's legal and compliance strategy.
Ross Hill - General Manager Legal and Compliance
Before being appointed General Manager Legal and Compliance, Mr Hill was the Senior Legal Counsel in the Electricity Commission's transmission team and more recently Acting Manager Legal and Compliance for the Electricity Commission as it transitioned to the Electricity Authority.
Mr Hill has an extensive background in legal and compliance matters, including various roles as a lawyer in government and private practice.
He holds a LLM (Hons) from Victoria University of Wellington and is a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
The Legal and Compliance Group's responsibilities include:
- providing legal advice across all aspects of the Authority's work;
- ensuring organisational compliance with legal requirements;
- reviewing and drafting amendments to the Code;
- monitoring compliance with the Act, Code and various regulations;
- evaluating, investigating and enforcing compliance with the Act, Code and various regulations;
- undertaking market-facilitation measures to improve compliance with the Act, Code and various regulations;
- laying complaints with the Rulings Panel in respect of more serious breaches; and
- identifying areas of the Code that may need change as a result of compliance work.