In accordance with Parts 10, 11 and 15 of the Code, some participants are required to undergo an audit to ensure compliance with the relevant requirements of the Code. The audits must be performed by Authority approved auditors.
Auditors may be approved to conduct the following participant audits:
- Test Houses
- Reconciliation participants
In addition, the Authority may request that approved auditors perform other audits at its discretion in accordance with the Code. Approved auditors should conduct audits in accordance with the Authority Board approved audit guidelines.
Retail auditor approval process
Who can be an auditor?
Any person can apply to become an approved auditor, provided that they:
- meet the Authority's requirements set out in the retail auditor approval policy; and
- meet and agree to comply with the Authority's terms and conditions for the appointment of retail workstream auditors.
Types of person that may be approved include:
- Independent auditors: with or without any further conditions to those noted above;
- A participant's internal auditor: but will not be allowed to act as an approved auditor in carrying out an audit of their own organisation. They may:
- carry out audits of other participants if contracted to do so; and
- prepare documents and conduct preliminary reports to feed into their employer's audits. However, all material prepared by internal auditors in relation to their employer's audits must be considered and verified by an approved independent auditor contracted by the organisation to undertake the required audit.
- A firm: but on condition that the specific individual(s) who have met the Authority's criteria (including passing the relevant examination(s)) and been approved must be responsible for and sign off on any audit. A firm may be involved in the internal audit process of an organisation and be appointed as its approved auditor.
Persons interested in becoming an approved auditor under the Code should apply using the documentation in information papers and related documents.
Information-paper-approved-auditors.pdf | pdf | 79 KB | Last Changed: 08/04/2013 6:07pm
approval-policy.PDF | pdf | 102 KB | Last Changed: 08/04/2013 5:58pm
auditor-register.html | html | 32 KB | Last Changed: 16/05/2013 12:02pm
The register lists organisations that have been approved by the Authority Board or market administrator to provide audit services under the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code).
CRP-register.html | html | 152 KB | Last Changed: 16/05/2013 12:01pm
This register lists organisations that have been approved by the Authority Board to carry out the functions of a certified reconciliation participant as stipulated in part 15 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code).
TH-register.html | html | 33 KB | Last Changed: 16/05/2013 12:02pm
Auditor-approval-process-Terms-and-Conditions-EA.PDF | pdf | 59 KB | Last Changed: 08/04/2013 6:08pm
std-registry-files.pdf | pdf | 166 KB | Last Changed: 26/10/2010 10:06pm
Auditor-application-form-Word-version.docx | docx | 232 KB | Last Changed: 08/04/2013 6:09pm
Please note that the information paper: applying to be become an approved auditor should be read first.
This page is related to: Retail and Wholesale Market.