Centralised dataset (CDS)
The Authority is required to establish, maintain, and publish a centralised dataset (CDS) under part 12 of the Code.
The centralised dataset includes:
Half - hourly data
- Meter data
- HVDC flows
- Active power by grid exit point
- Reactive power by grid exit point
- Generation by grid injection point
- Bids and offers
- Final prices
- Binding constraints
- Hydro inflows (Spectra Update - Issue 8, data to 30 June 2010)
- Hydro lake storage (data to 30 June 2010)
- Lake level history (March 2009)
- Reconciliation of hydro inflow datasets (July 2009)
Network configuration data
- Transmission network
- System load flow models
- Line diagrams
- Circuit breaker information
- Circuit breaker ratings
- Bus fault levels
- Bus fault levels
Casual users may prefer the web interface to the CDS. The Web Interface allows users to access summarised half-hourly data from the CDS with a simple query tool. This tool is free and does not require registration.
Copies of the CDS
Copies of the CDS can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com with the words “CDS registration” in the title. You will be asked by return email to provide contact details and agree to a disclaimer and confidentially statement before a copy of the CDS will be dispatched.
The Authority will maintain a register of recipients of the Centralised Dataset. The Authority requires this information to:
- Inform you of any future updates to the CDS
- Record recipients of the CDS due to the sensitive nature and copyright status of some of the material.
Centralised dataset supplementary material
The CDS is normally published in a DVD format on a six-monthly cycle. The original metering, bids and offers, and pricing files received by the Authority are included on the DVD. The Authority also makes the unprocessed original files available in the supplementary material area of the website as they are received.