Security of supply
Transpower, as the system operator, has operational responsibility for providing information on all aspects of security of supply and managing supply emergencies. In the event of a potential or actual security of supply risk (such as key hydro lakes falling to a low level), the system operator will:
- communicate the security situation to the public; and
- coordinate an industry response.
The Authority's involvement in such an event will include:
- communicating security of supply policies; and
- considering the effectiveness of the policy and regulatory measures that have been or are being applied.
Current information on the security of supply outlook can be found at Transpower's website.
The Authority promotes security of supply through the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code).
In this section you will find information on:
- Stress testing regime
- Security of supply policies
- Reserve Energy scheme (discontinued)
- Lake Hawea resource consent
Work that was undertaken in these areas by the Electricity Commission between 15 September 2003 and 31 October 2010 is archived on this website.
This page is related to: Security of supply.