Multiple Frequency Keepers Project: AGC Technical Stakeholders Group
The Authority has contracted the System Operator to investigate the technical feasibility and cost to implement a centralised frequency control system using AGC technology. The AGC Technical Stakeholder provides specialist and technical advice to the Authority from a user perspective, on the functionality and specification of a centralised AGC system to control system frequency. The centralised AGC system will ultimately be used to support a market for multi-provider frequency regulation service.
The members of the AGC Technical Stakeholder Group:
- Boyd Brinsdon (nominated by Contact Energy)
- Terrence Currie (nominated by MEUG)
- Vince Smart (nominated by Genesis Energy)
- Peter Litchfield (nominated by Mighty River Power)
- Greg Salmon (nominated by Meridian Energy)
- Richard Spearman (nominated by TrustPower)
- Stuart MacDonald (nominated by the Grid Owner)
The group is chaired by Darryl Renner of the Authority.
Prior to 31 October 2010, the AGC Technical Stakeholder Group was administered by the Electricity Commission.