Locational Price Risk Technical Group
The Locational Price Risk Technical Group (LPRTG) primarily provides specialist and technical advice to the Authority in relation to the detailed design and operation of selected hedge mechanisms for managing locational price risk.
The LPRTG will also provide advice on:
- the current constraint methodologies used to calculate spot prices, and on their effects (e.g. spring washer effects); and
- the outputs from other Authority workstreams that interrelate with managing locational price risk.
The members of the LPRTG are:
- Bill Heaps, Chair
- Airin Alamsjah (Contact Energy)
- Craig Shubauer (TrustPower
- Conrad Edwards (Transpower)
- Mark Harris (Meridian Energy)
- Nigel East (Mighty River Power)
- Ralph Matthes (MEUG)
- Peter Kimber (Genesis Energy)
- Warwick Small (NZX)
Prior to 31 October 2010 the LPRTG was administered by the Electricity Commission.