Retailer social agency protocol
The protocol sets out the expectations of the parties, and what actions may be undertaken jointly to assist low-income consumers.
The objectives of the protocol are to:
- reduce the number of avoidable disconnections through communication between retailers and social agencies; and
- ensure low income consumers have access to information and tools to assist them in managing their electricity costs.
The following organisations and electricity retailers were represented on the working group that developed the protocol:
- Citizens' Advice Bureaux - Louise May
- Contact Energy - Kerry McMillan
- Genesis Energy - Lyn Grant
- Meridian Energy - Alan Seay
- Mighty River Power - Mark Carter
- Ministry of Social Development - Janet Green
- New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services - Jeremy Irvine
- New Zealand Federation of Family Budgeting Services - Colin Lewis
- Salvation Army - Craig Fleury
- Trustpower - Joanne Drake
David Close of the Commission chaired the working group.
guidelines-low-income-30Jan08.pdf | pdf | 74 KB | Last Changed: 07/12/2010 2:31pm
Final-national-protocol.PDF | pdf | 50 KB | Last Changed: 20/10/2010 8:52pm
This page is related to: Retail and Wholesale Market.