The Authority has commenced its planning for the 2014–2017 period. The planning process includes:
- Consultation with levy payers and other stakeholders on the Authority’s proposed appropriations for the coming year, and proposed work programme for the next three years.
- Reporting to the Minister of Energy and Resources on the outcomes of the consultation and the Authority’s resulting appropriation proposals for the Government’s 2014 Budget. This is expected to take place by the end of January 2014.
- Providing the Minister with a draft Statement of Intent for 2014–2017, by April 2014.
- Finalising the Statement of Intent for tabling after Budget day (usually mid-May).
- Publishing its Work Programme (in late June or early July 2014).
It should be noted that the Crown Entities Amendment Act 2013 brings in new planning and reporting requirements for the 2014–2017 planning round. The Treasury and State Service Commission (SSC) are providing guidance to Crown Entities on the implementation of the new requirements. As a result, the process outlined on this page may change.