Formal complaints are investigations where the Authority Board decided to lay a formal complaint with the Rulings Panel.
4 December 2018
On 4 December 2018, under regulation 23 of the Electricity Industry (Enforcement) Regulations 2010 (Regulations), the Authority decided to lay formal complaints with the Rulings Panel under regulation 30 of the Regulations, in respect of the following alleged breaches of the Code:
(a) by the system operator:
- clause 7.1A(1);
- clause 7.2A(1);
- clause 7.2A(2);
- clause 7.2B;
- clause 8.5(1)(a);
- clause 8.5(1)(b);
- clause 8.5(2);
- clause 3 of Technical Code B of Schedule 8.3;
- clause 4(a) of Technical Code B of Schedule 8.3;
- clause 6(2)(a) and (e) of Technical Code B of Schedule 8.3; and
- clause 3(1) of Technical Code C of Schedule 8.3;
- clause 84 of the Policy Statement.
(b) by the grid owner:
- clause 12.113;
- clause 8.25(1);
- clause 8.28(1); and
- clause 4(5)(b) of Technical Code A of Schedule 8.3.
2 May 2012
On 2 May 2012, the Authority decided, under regulation 27(2) of the regulations, to lay a formal complaint with the Rulings Panel under regulation 30 of the regulations, in respect of the following breaches of the Rules:
- the admitted breaches of clauses 188.8.131.52(a), 184.108.40.206(a) and 220.127.116.11(a) of schedule G6 of part G of the Rules (Admitted Breaches) by the System Operator, and in the alternative, in relation to breaches of rules 3.3 and 4.2 of section III of part G of the Rules, by way of a breach of clauses 18.104.22.168(a), 22.214.171.124(a) and 126.96.36.199(a) of schedule G6 of part G of the Rules; and
- the alleged breach of rule 5 of section VI of part F of the Rules (Alleged Breach).
8 June 2010
Notified breaches alleged of Meridian Energy. The alleged breaches concerned Meridian Energy, as a retailer, not accounting for electricity under an assigned installation control point (ICP), not updating the Registry, and not submitting volumes to the Reconciliation Manager.
Decision to withdraw complaint relating to part D of the Rules.
Last updated: 19th August 2016
15 May 2007
Admitted breaches of rule 188.8.131.52 of schedule G6 of part G of the Rules by the System Operator concerning the failure to correctly incorporate Grid Owner information regarding the Wilton transformer (T8) into the dispatch schedule from 17:00 to 17:10 on 28 April 2006 and 14:00 to 15:15 on 29 April 2006.
31 May 2005
Admitted breach of rule 4.3 of section II of part G of the Rules by the System Operator resulting from departing from the dispatch schedule for trading periods 47 and 48 on 6 September 2004.
31 May 2005
Admitted breach of rule 184.108.40.206 of schedule G6 of part G of the Rules by the System Operator as a result of incorrect remodelling of the Otahuhu substation in the SPD model.