Standing Data Formats Group (SDFG)
We support the provision of standardised information exchange formats to enable low-cost, standardised and reliable information exchange between participants.
In some cases, the use of those formats is mandatory, for instance, where there are interfaces with the registry and reconciliation manager, and in others, it is voluntary, for example, interfaces between participants.
The Standing Data Formats Group (SDFG) was set up to:
- consider suggestions by affected parties for the addition of new, or changes to the electricity information exchange protocols (EIEPs) made through the EIEP review process
- consider suggestions by affected parties for the addition of new, or changes to existing file formats between participants and the service provider positions of the registry or the reconciliation manager
- progress the development of new file exchange formats or recommend changes to the Authority for existing file exchange formats where it is agreed that participants would benefit.
Prior to 31 October 2010, the Standing Data Formats Group was administered by the Electricity Commission.
Call for nominations
We are calling for nominations for a metering equipment provider (MEP) member of the Standing Data Formats Group (SDFG). The new appointment will be for a three year term.
Members must attend meetings in person, and must also be available to respond to queries via email. Meetings are held approximately on an annual basis, and when held, are in Wellington.
SDFG members should have the following experience and knowledge of:
- the switching process
- the reconciliation process
- the EIEPs as they currently stand
- methods of communication between participants
- methods of communication between participants and service providers
- methods of communication between participants and consumers or third party providers
Nominees should have regard to the SDFG terms of reference.
Any company or individual can make a nomination. Nominations and accompanying documents can be uploaded using our online nominations form.
Nominations close at 5.00 pm on Tuesday 29 October 2019. We will consider nominations received and finalise appointment arrangements.
Any queries with regard to the nomination process or the purpose of the SDFG should be sent to email@example.com.