Hedge market development
WAG meeting - 1 May 2014
1 May 2014
On 1 May 2014 the WAG considered a paper dealing with metrics suggested to assist in their project on hedge market development.
As part of the project on hedge market development, UMR Research provided a presentation. The presentation drew from in-depth interviews being part of the then yet to be completed Hedge Market survey which was undertaken for the Authority.
WAG meeting - 9 April 2014
9 Apr 2014
The WAG received presentations from the following people who provided their views on problems which may exist, and improvements which might be made to the forwards markets:
- Greg Sise, Managing Director, EnergyLink
- Radek Mierzejewski, Finance Director, Payless Energy
- Grant Smith, General Manager – Strategy and Business Development and Rebecca Osborne, Risk and Pricing Manager, Pioneer Generation
- Chris Sadler, Chief Executive Officer, NZ Wind Farms Limited
- Alister Morison, Chief Executive, Cold Storage Nelson.
Each presenter spoke for 5 to 10 minutes, after which the members of the WAG explored the issues raised with the presenter.
WAG meeting - 20 February 2014
20 Feb 2014
Gary Holden CED of Pulse Utilities provided the WAG with a view on issues and possible improvements in the Forwards Market. WAG were also provided with a project update, development of metrics and a presentation wich provided a range of possible metrics and questions to be answered.