Joint development programme
Clause 7.7 of the Code requires us to agree and publish our joint development programme (JDP) with the System Operator. The JDP outlines the projects we and the System Operator think will make the greatest contribution to reliability, efficiency and competition in the years ahead.
The JDP represents a very full programme of work with some significant investments. Given its complexity and timeframes, reaching out to 2023/24 and beyond, the JDP will be reviewed regularly and may change as our planning assumptions become more certain.
August 2019 Plan
The JDP linked to below has been revised to reflect a number of planning changes that have occurred since the last annual publication in August 2018. The more significant changes are:
- The timeframes have been extended for the following projects:
- Extended reserves implementation
- Under frequency management inertia
- Transpower demand response protocol management
- Instantaneous Reserve event change and cost allocation review
- Improving the accuracy of spot price forecasts
- Enabling Dispatchable demand – conforming nodes
- Wholesale market trading arrangements