Joint development programme
Clause 7.7 of the Code requires us to agree and publish our joint development programme (JDP) with the System Operator. The JDP outlines the projects we and the System Operator think will make the greatest contribution to reliability, efficiency and competition in the years ahead.
The JDP represents a very full programme of work with some significant investments. Given its complexity and timeframes, reaching out to 2021/22 and beyond, the JDP will be reviewed regularly and may change as our planning assumptions become more certain.
March 2018 Plan update
The JDP linked to below has been revised to reflect a number of planning changes that have occurred since the last annual publication in August 2017. The more significant changes are:
- The timeframes have been extended for the following projects:
- Extended reserves implementation
- Spot market settlement on real-time pricing
- Transpower demand response protocol management
- Review of wind generation offer provisions
- Instantaneous Reserve event change and cost allocation review
- Review of wholesale markets trading arrangements
- The following projects have been added to the plan:
- Review of the regulatory settings for the Official Conservation Campaign
The Authority’s 2017/18 work programme and project descriptions are located here: http://www.ea.govt.nz/about-us/strategic-planning-and-reporting/our-work-programme/
The System Operator’s projects information is located here: https://www.transpower.co.nz/system-operator/so-projects/joint-development-programme