Joint development programme
Clause 7.7 of the Code requires us to agree and publish our joint development programme (JDP) with the System Operator. The JDP outlines the projects we and the System Operator think will make the greatest contribution to reliability, efficiency and competition in the years ahead.
The JDP represents a very full programme of work with some significant investments. Given its complexity and timeframes, reaching out to 2021/22 and beyond, the JDP will be reviewed regularly and may change as our planning assumptions become more certain.
August 2017 Plan update
The JDP linked to below has been revised to reflect a number of planning changes that have occurred since the last annual publication in August 2016. The more significant changes are:
- The timeframes have been extended for the following projects:
- Normal frequency management strategy
- Extended reserves implementation
- Spot market settlement on real-time pricing
- Transpower demand response protocol management
- Review of wind generation offer provisions
- Instantaneous Reserve event change and cost allocation review
- Review of wholesale markets trading arrangements
- Enabling dispatchable demand at conforming nodes.
- The following completed projects have been removed:
- National market for instantaneous reserve
- Asset owner performance obligations: Fault-ride through
- Offer and dispatch: Bid and offer revisions/review of gate closure.
The Authority’s 2017/18 work programme and project descriptions are located here: http://www.ea.govt.nz/about-us/strategic-planning-and-reporting/our-work-programme/
The System Operator’s projects information is located here: https://www.transpower.co.nz/system-operator/so-projects/joint-development-programme