Auditors can be firms or individuals and must be approved by us to undertake audits.
Auditors can be approved to conduct audits of:
- market operation service providers
- test houses
- reconciliation participants
- metering equipment providers
- dispatchable load purchasers.
What we look for in auditors
Applicants must be able prove that they're a fit and proper person or company to provide services as an approved auditor. They also need to have:
- relevant experience within the New Zealand electricity industry
- relevant report writing and communication skills
- relevant investigative skills
- a good understanding of the systems and operations of the industry participant being audited processes
- a proven understanding of the Code.
Applicants also need to show us that they have financial stability.
More information about how to apply, what’s involved and what we look for is in our auditor approval policy.
What's required of auditors
You must abide by certain rules if you become an approved auditor. These include:
- duty of care
- maintaining independence and telling us immediately of any potential conflicts of interest
- carrying insurance.
More information on what we require is in our terms and conditions of being an auditor.
If you have any questions regarding the auditor approval process for MOSP auditors please contact our market operations team email@example.com.
How to apply to be an approved auditor
Applications should include:
- a cover letter
- an application form (including a signed application statement)
- a curriculum vitae
- two written references.
Please note that the information paper: applying to be become an approved auditor should be read first.
Last updated: 1st July 2015
Email our market operations team your completed application form along with your documents.
What happens after you’ve submitted an application
After applying you may also be required to:
- sit an open book examination - the exam will be about the category(ies) you’ve applied to be approved for
- attend an interview – this will be with a selection panel at our offices in Wellington.
The register lists organisations that have been approved by the Authority Board to provide participant services under the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code).
Last updated: 13th August 2019
The register lists organisations that have been approved by the Authority Board to provide market operation service provider services under the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code).
Last updated: 20th November 2017
If you have any questions or need more information, contact our market operations team.
If you are considering becoming a MOSP auditor please contact our market operations team for details regarding the MOSP auditor approval process.