Metering equipment provider audits
Metering equipment providers are responsible for the compliance of a category 1 or higher metering installations.
A metering equipment provider is a person who either:
- assumes responsibility for any metering installation, or
- is appointed to be responsible for any metering installation.
After the initial audit, subsequent audits must be carried out at intervals between three and 36 months as advised by us.
What the metering equipment provider audit covers
The functions that are covered by an audit include:
- process for a change of metering equipment provider
- installation and modification of metering installations
- maintenance of metering records and registry information
- certification and inspections of metering installations
- process for handling faulty metering installations.
Last updated: 5th October 2017
Last updated: 31st May 2017
Metering Equipment Provider next audit date register
This register lists metering equipment providers that have submitted an audit and the due date of their next audit.
Last updated: 15th January 2019
For any further information or questions contact the market operations team.