This consultation seeks feedback on how we collect data on the retail market from electricity retailers.
We propose to streamline our collection of retail data with a single data request to improve our monitoring of the retail market.
We welcome feedback on our proposal, in particular:
- if our proposed single retail data request is fit for purpose
- potential costs and benefits to the data request
- any concerns about publishing anonymised retail data.
We have extended the submission deadline to 5pm Thursday 29 February 2024. This extension is in response to industry feedback and recognises the complexity of the proposed notice and our desire to receive high quality submissions from those affected.
Submissions will be used to analyse the likely benefits and costs of our proposal. We intend to consult on this evaluation in mid-2024, make a final decision in late 2024.
Make a submission
If you cannot send your submission electronically, please contact Retaildata@ea.govt.nz or 04 460 8860 to discuss alternative arrangements.
We wish to publish all submissions to be transparent. If you consider that we should not publish any part of your submission, please:
- indicate which part should not be published and explain why, and
- provide a version that we can publish (if we agree not to publish your full submission).