Consumption profiling is a method of allocating electricity consumption to half-hour periods.
Consumption profile requirements
Profiling electricity allows retailers to reconcile predictable electricity use without a meter. The ability of competing retailers to develop and maintain their own profiles improves competition in the retail market.
We randomly audit profile owners. Any industry participant may request a selective audit of any other industry participant’s compliance under the Code and the application and use of any profiles. If you would like to request an audit, please contact email@example.com.
What profile audits cover
Profile audits cover the:
- documents detailing the methodology of the profile
- application of dynamic and estimated elements of the profile
- profile population list.
See the following guidelines.
It's our responsibility to:
- either approve or reject new profiles
- audit profiles used in the reconciliation process in accordance with Schedule 15.5 of the Code
- review the structure of every approved profile at least every three years. Each review must determine whether:
- the criteria for profile definition are still appropriate, and
- if applicable, the existing sample be presented.
Electricity sector legislation is complex and technical. See our guidance on industry‑specific best practice.