Join our common quality technical group
- Low emissions
We’re seeking nominations to join our Future Security and Resilience (FSR) Common Quality Technical Group.
The purpose of this group will be to advise the Electricity Authority as we carry out our review of the common quality requirements in Part 8 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code).
Common quality is an inherently technical and complex subject and requires a breadth of knowledge across the operation of transmission and distribution networks, as well as the operation of generation and demand-side management technologies.
Changes to Part 8 could have a significant impact on the way the Code is applied, and we want to ensure any decisions we make are well-informed, reflect the needs of the industry, and enable innovation into the future.
The technical group will be working on an ad hoc basis alongside our FSR team.
We’re looking for experienced people with specialised knowledge in the following areas:
- power systems engineering and analysis
- the operation of generation, transmission and distribution networks, including power quality (frequency, voltage, harmonics) and factors that influence power quality such as inertia and system strength;
- generation technologies
- demand-side management technologies
- the operation of the wholesale electricity market
- the economic and other impacts on consumers, industry participants, and other stakeholders from the decisions and actions of parties who influence common quality.
If this sounds like you, make sure to send through your nomination by emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 May 2023.
Any organisation or individual can make nominations. Nominations are to be in writing and should include:
- a brief summary of the relevant expertise and experience of the person being nominated
- contact details for both the person being nominated, and for the individual or organisation making the nomination
- evidence that the person being nominated agrees to the nomination (eg, an email from the nominee agreeing to be nominated).
Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com, with ‘Nomination for FSR Common Quality Technical Group’ in the subject by 5pm Tuesday 30 May 2023.
We intend to appoint the members of the technical group by 23 June 2023. The first meeting for the group is anticipated to take place by 31 July 2023.
Part 8 common quality requirements consultation
We're also currently in open consultation on Part 8 of the Code’s common quality requirements. We have published an issues paper and welcome feedback from interested parties. Submissions close on 30 May 2023.
Decision to clarify responsibility for retailer obligations
We've amended two clauses in the Electricity Industry Participation Code to clarify retailers’ obligations and enable a multiple trading relationship trial. We…
Consultation on dispatch notification enhancement and clarifications
We are seeking your feedback on proposed amendments to the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code) to enhance the dispatch notification product and…
New dispensation scheme for Part 6A of the Code
The Electricity Authority has amended the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (Code) to introduce a new dispensation scheme for specified persons who …