Updates to distribution pricing reform
In April 2024 the Electricity Authority Te Mana Hiko will provide an update on its work planned to address the five issues set out in our issues paper on the targeted reform of distribution pricing. The five issues were:
- Peak period price signals - prices that signal the cost of network use at periods of high demand
- Off-peak price signals - prices that do not distort network use during off-peak periods
- Target revenue allocation - efficient allocation of shared costs between consumer groups
- Connection pricing - consistent and efficient connection pricing (capital contributions)
- Retailer response - retailers’ response to distribution pricing signals
The regulatory options considered for each of these issues included continuation, control and call-in.
We will provide an update on this work via our website and Market Brief newsletter in April.
Submissions published for Code amendment omnibus #2
The Electricity Authority Te Mana Hiko would like to thank all submitters for taking the time to send us your feedback on our Code amendment omnibus #2 consult…
Save the date: industry exercise 1 & 8 May 2024
The Electricity Authority and Transpower are planning an industry exercise of a major power system event on 1 and 8 May 2024. We invite all lines companies and…
Survey for grid connected distributors
We want to collect more information from participants on how they are meeting their Code obligations regarding the distributed generation application process a…