Switch Technical Group
The Switch Technical Group provides us with independent advice on amendments to the switching process.
On this page —
The Switch Technical Group (STG) provides us with independent advice on amendments that should be made to the switching process to ensure that it remains fit for purpose.
STG are responsible for promoting awareness of the current switching protocols, and proposed amendments, within the industry.
STG’s objective is to review the current switching process and recommend a range of changes that could be made to improve the efficiency of the switching process as the industry evolves.
We appoint STG members. We aim to appoint industry representatives from retailers and metering equipment providers. Current members include:
- Cory Annable (Electric Kiwi Limited)
- Andrew Baken (Vector Advanced Metering Services)
- Mike Bickers (Legacy Metering Group Limited)
- Andrew Maseyk (Genesis Energy Limited)
- Greg Matthews (Jade Software Corporation)
- Tony McGeady (Independent consultant)
- Paul Moreno (Utilities Disputes Limited)
- Niu Nelson (intelliHUB)
- Malti Prasad (Flick Energy Limited)
- Emma Prestage (Meridian Energy )
- Stefan Kirkwood (Powershop New Zealand Limited)
- Mike Kew (Pulse Energy Alliance)
- Campbell Wilson (Contact Energy Limited)
- Howard Wood (Trustpower)
- Urvashi Vats (Mercury NZ Limited)
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest news from the Electricity Authority direct to your inbox.